The Forbidden Question in Mobility Proceedings 

Unless there is express consent from the other parent, a party seeking to relocate with children must bring a mobility application before a judge or arbitrator. Mobility is a highly litigated area of the law, which carries with it a high emotional toll for all parties involved. In the midst of that emotion, a common question raised by the non-moving parent is this: If my ex-spouse is not permitted by the Court to move with the children, won’t he or she just cancel the intended move altogether?